Britannica Escolar (Britannica)
Discover the leading knowledge-building resource that is universally trusted for accurate and age-appropriate content in Spanish. New features make it more valuable than ever for native Spanish speakers, bilingual students, and students learning Spanish.
Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos (World Book)
Enciclopedia en español.
First Search (OCLC) [In Library Only]
This database provides access to a wide variety of articles in a number of databases as well as a union catalog of books and resources from libraries all over the world. Databases include:
- ArticleFirst - An index of articles from the contents pages of journals.
- Ebooks - A catalog of online electronic books available through libraries worldwide.
- ECO - An OCLC collection of scholarly journals.
- ERIC - Journal articles and reports in education.
- GPO - U.S government publications.
- MEDLINE - All areas of medicine, including dentistry and nursing.
- OAIster - A union catalog of digital resources.
- PapersFirst - An OCLC index of papers presented at conferences worldwide.
- Proceedings - An OCLC catalog of worldwide conference proceedings.
- WorldCat - OCLC catalog of books and other materials in libraries worldwide.
- WorldCat Dissertations - All dissertations, theses, and published material based on theses cataloged by OCLC members, including all subjects.
Please note that within the First Search database, you must use the First Search commands - do not use the browser commands.
Hispánica Saber (World Book)
Gran enciclopedia hispánica.
Informe Academico (Gale)
Informe Académico provides access to 1,018 Spanish- and Portuguese-language scholarly journals and magazines. The database offers a wide range of content both from and about Latin America.
Informe Académico proporciona acceso a 1,018 periódicos y revistas especializadas de lengua española y portuguesa. La base de datos ofrece una amplia gama de contenidos sobre América Latina.
Pronunciator is a fun and free way to learn any of 80 languages with self-directed lessons, live teachers, movies, music, and more.
Available via NOVEL, a project of the New York State Library, federally funded by LSTA grants. Includes:
- Grolier Encyclopedia Americana - This encyclopedia is designed for high school and first-year college students
- Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia - Fact-filled reference resource rich in multimedia content and designed for the young researcher.
- New Book of Knowledge - Fun, easy-to-use, general reference resource helps students to gain access to a wide range of topics.
- Amazing Animals of the World - Wild animals and their habitats for elementary and middle school students.
- America the Beautiful - State history, people, places, and events for elementary and middle school students.
- Lands and Peoples - Countries and cultures of the world for elementary and middle school students.
- The New Book of Popular Science - Science and technology, plus science in the news for middle and high school students.
- La Nueva Enciclopedia Cumbre - A Comprehensive reference resource for Spanish speakers and Spanish-language students.
Spanish Law Dictionary (Credo)
Diccionario ley en español.
U.S. Hispanic Newsstream (Proquest)
U.S. Hispanic Newsstream offers access to the largest collection of leading Hispanic newspapers, news wires, websites and blogs in full text from U.S. publishers in both Spanish and English.